General Writing and Grammar Help/Question

Question
Dear Ted,
your fast answer was really encouraging. Actually, I have become familiar with this website by chance, and I am so glad to find a teacher who educate me without any expectation. Please help me with these statements again. If you have any idea to express these statements in another way or better, please let me know.

1- I moved here 6 months ago.
2- I moved to here 6 months ago.
3- I am writing to ask you to write me a letter of recommendation.
4- I am writing to ask you a favor and write me a letter of recommendation.
5- I am writing to ask you a favor of writing me a letter of recommendation.

Answer
Dear Ali:

your fast answer was really encouraging. Actually, I have become familiar with
this website by chance, and I am so glad to find a teacher who educate me
without any expectation. Please help me with these statements again. If you have
any idea to express these statements in another way or better, please let me
know.

1- I moved here 6 months ago.

*** This sentence is correct.

2- I moved to here 6 months ago.

*** This sentence is not good.  The problem is the prepositional phrase that begins with "to."
It is unnecessary to use a phrase in this sentence, because you are already HERE.  You do not need to say that you are already TO HERE.  If you name any other PLACE, then you can use the prepositional phrase.  For example, I moved TO ITALY six months ago.

Here are some variations -- different ways of saying -- the same thing:

Six months ago, I moved to this city.
I have been living in Iran for twenty years.
In 2003, my family moved from Iran to Italy.
I had been living in Italy before moving to Iran six month ago.

*** This sentence is correct.

*** The "favor" and the writing of a letter of recommendation are the same thing.  You have, therefore, joined the same thing with the conjunction "and."  This is not good writing.
Here is one possible revision:  I am writing to ask you a favor, which is to write me a letter of recommendation.  [I have put the "writing" part in an adjective clause beginning with "which."  That whole clause describes the word "favor."]

*** This sentence is also acceptable.  I would suggest one small change.  Since you are asking for one specific thing, it would be better if you used "THE favor" instead of "A favor."
Both are correct, but I think my revision is a little stronger and better.

Ali, I hope that I am always clear when I respond.  If you have ANY questions, please send me a "follow up" message right away.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt