General Writing and Grammar Help/a question

Question
Dear ted,

Please help me with following statements again. If you have any idea to express these statements in another way or better, please let me know.

1- I am writing to give you a thank for this favor.

2- I want you to know it was really helpful. (OR) I want you know it was really helpful.

3- If you don't mind I am going to bring you back your book next weekend. (I want to tell 'don't you have any problem with next weekend?')

Answer
Dear Ali:

It is good to hear from you again!

***********

When "thank" is used as a noun, the plural form is required:  I am writing to give you THANKS for this favor.

**** The first version is CORRECT. The infinitive consists of the two words "to know."  The second version is INCORRECT.

*** "Bring you back" is not correct.  You need to use the ONE word, "return," which really means to give back.  Here is another version:  If you don't mind, I am going to return your book next weekend.

*** If you want to stress the idea of "next weekend," you can write it this way:  If it is all right with you, I will return your book next weekend.

Another way:  If you are going to be home next weekend, I would like to return your book at that time.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt