General Writing and Grammar Help/THE)

Question
Hello

Which of the following options is correct? And why?

a) Control of access to the Internet will be a major project for the computer industry.

b) THE Control of access to the Internet will be a major project for the computer industry.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks a bunch

Answer
Incorrect usage:

This is stating generic "control" and incorrect tense "will be" is in future.

It is already a fact that the access to the internet is major fir the computer industry, therefore it cannot be a future tense "will be."

The correct sentence is:

Access to the internet is a major project for the computer industry.

With choice between a) or b) the b) is correct:

b) The Control of access to the Internet will be a major project for the computer industry.

However, it should not be "control of access" because that would indicate access to something is "controlled" by something or someone. This is not the case in this meaning... Also, it is incorrect to use the future tense "will be" again as stated above, because it is already a fact and not a problem in the future.

It should be:

The access to the internet is a major project for the computer industry.  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett