General Writing and Grammar Help/possessive adjective: your or its'

Question
Dear Ted,

My question is about the following sentence:

“It was with much interest that I recently learned that ABC Health Care Systems will soon be providing your own rehabilitation services to residents in your facility."

Can you please tell me if it is OK to use the possessive adjective “your” in this sentence?

The other choice may be to use the possessive -  its’  , but “your” sounds more personal to me.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich:

It was with much interest that I recently learned that ABC Health Care Systems
will soon be providing your own rehabilitation services to residents in your
facility."

Can you please tell me if it is OK to use the possessive adjective “your” in
this sentence?

The other choice may be to use the possessive -  its’  , but “your” sounds more
personal to me.

*** I agree with you.  The use of "your" does sound more personal.  Although "its" can also
be used, that usage makes the writer or speaker sound somewhat distant.  Use  "your."

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt