General Writing and Grammar Help/a question

Question
QUESTION: Dear Ted,
I was very shocked to get the news of bomb explosion in Boston. I wish safety for your country.
Please help me with following statements again. If you have any idea to express these statements in another way or better, please let me know.

1- Being connected to people face to face is another factor that is really important for me because you can see the satisfaction in everyone’s face you have cured.

2- Good lucks don’t come everywhere and every time in our life.

3- Teachers get exam from students.

4- Raising money in favor of miserables.
--- Raising money on behalf of miserables.
--- Raising money for miserables.

5- Go on travel
--- Take travel
--- Do travel

ANSWER: Dear Ali:

I was very shocked to get the news of bomb explosion in Boston. I wish safety
for your country.

*** In today's world, no one in any country can really feel safe.  The people of Boston -- and throughout the country -- have shown much human kindness and support.  It seems that only a crisis can bring people together.

Please help me with following statements again. If you have any idea to express
these statements in another way or better, please let me know.

1- Being connected to people face to face is another factor that is really
important for me because you can see the satisfaction in everyone’s face you
have cured.

*** CORRECT -- "You have cured" does not seem to fit in the sentence.  Are you referring to medical people only?

*** Good LUCK does not come everywhere and every time in our life.  [The singular form is used.]

3- Teachers get exam from students.

**** Again, I do not understand this sentence.  Teachers GIVE exams; they do not GET them.

--- Raising money for miserables.

*** "Miserables" is not generally used.  You can call them "poor people" or "wounded people."

5- Go on travel
--- Take travel
--- Do travel

*** The word "travel" is enough.  Where will you travel on your vacation?  I took a trip to England last summer.  [Use "trip" instead of "travel."  The students traveled to Rome to study architecture.  I intend to travel to all fifty of the United States.

Ted

QUESTION: 1- Being connected to people face to face is another factor that is really
have cured.

### Actually, I imagine myself as a doctor, so what can I use instead of "You have cured" in the sentance.

3- Teachers get exam from students.

### So, teachers give exam and students take exam. Am I right?

--- Raising money for miserables.

### So, there is no problem with "in favor of", "on behalf of", and "for"

Answer
Dear Ali:

QUESTION: 1- Being connected to people face to face is another factor that is really
have cured.

### Actually, I imagine myself as a doctor, so what can I use instead of "You have cured" in the sentance. [SENTENCE]

**** Ali, since you are writing this sentence as if you were a doctor, so "you have cured" is acceptable.  A more general statement that would apply to everybody [and every profession] is "in everyone's face you have helped."

3- Teachers get exam from students.

*** YES.  A teacher gives his class an examination.  The students take the examination.  The teacher then grades the completed exams and returns the graded exams to his student.

--- Raising money for miserables.

**** Those prepositional phrases are ALL CORRECT.  My attention was given to just the word "miserables," and I ignored the phrases.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt