General Writing and Grammar Help/a question

Question
Dear ted,
Please help me with following statements again. If you have any idea to express these statements in another way or better, please let me know.

1- I could refine my knowledge and attitude by reading the book.

2- I am trying to expel my left kidney's stone.

Answer
Dear Ali:

Please help me with following statements again. If you have any idea to express
these statements in another way or better, please let me know.

GOOD

*** I think that this sentence is all right.  In my country, we use the verb "pass" in relation to the self-removal of a kidney stone:  I am trying to pass my left kidney's stone.

EXAMPLE FROM AN ONLINE MEDICAL DICTIONARY:  However, people who have small stones that pass easily through the urinary tract may not have symptoms at all.

Ted  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt