General Writing and Grammar Help/a question

Question
3- The other quite outstanding cause of going to universities lies in the issue of gaining skills for careers. (can I replace "lies in" with "appertains to")

Answer
Dear Ali:

Question:
3- The other quite outstanding cause of going to universities lies in the issue
of gaining skills for careers. (can I replace "lies in" with "appertains to")

*** YES, and you can also use the verb "pertains."

The sentence itself is a little "wordy."  You can shorten it by removing words that are not really necessary:  The other quite outstanding cause of going to universities is gaining career skills.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt