General Writing and Grammar Help/Differences

What is the difference between 's and s'?

Hi Jared,

both of these show posession of an item. For example; It was Tom's truck. However, the s' version is for use when the person's name has multiple "s" letters in it already and it ends with an "s". For example: It was Jesus' burrito.

Kind Regards,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn

I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.

I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company (before you ask, we're not accepting submissions at this time). I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)