General Writing and Grammar Help/Scrabble Word Power Game introduced in Schools.

Scrabble Board Game.
Scrabble Board Game.  
Dear Johnathan‎‎

In schools the periods duration is of 40 minutes. Total number of periods are 45 in a week. Two periods are dedicated for recreation games. In this two periods, the children play outdoor games viz football, cricket, handball etc

If the schools purchase those scrabble boards, the children can also play the scrabble game in this period/s.

Do you feel Scrabble Board Game if introduced in schools can enhance English vocabulary in children ?.

what would be the appropriate ages for school children to the scrabble board introduction ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,

I am quite familiar with the game of Scrabble. I do think, in certain circumstances that it could be quite beneficial in schools, particularly for young children who are trying to learn English. There are a lot of ways to teach people another language; immersion is arguably the best way. But, if immersion techniques are not available, then games like scrabble can provide an entertaining means of discovering new words in the other language. It would definitely help strengthen children's vocabulary as it will teach them spelling, and also synonyms for other words. I think that probably children ages 8 or older would benefit from this game the most.

Warmest Regards,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn

I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.

I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company (before you ask, we're not accepting submissions at this time). I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)