General Writing and Grammar Help/usage of the word "foolhardy"

Question
Dear Ted,
I know that you can say a person is "foolhardy", i.e. "he is foolhardy." Can you also say a sport is "foolhardy"? In other words, does the following sentence make sense?
"Skydiving is foolhardy."

Answer
Dear Glen:

"Skydiving is foolhardy."

*** Since "foolhardy" is defined as "adventuresome and bold," I see no reason why an action cannot be described using this word.  His attempts to climb the mountain were foolhardy.

I always think of "foolhardy" as a negative adjective.  A person or thing described as "foolhardy" connotes that the person or action, although bold, may also be a failure.

Ted  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt