General Writing and Grammar Help/meaning of the expression "from the goodness of your heart"

Question
Dear Ted,
I'm not sure if I'm using the expressions "form the goodness of your heart" and "out of the goodness of your heart" correctly in the following sentences. In other words, do the following sentences make sense and are they grammatically correct?
1. He helped me from the goodness of his heart.  
2. He did it from the goodness of his heart.
3. He helped me out of the goodness of his heart.
4. He did it out of the goodness of his heart.

Answer
Dear Glen:

Thank you for coming up with interesting questions, especially those about phrases or expressions that are not commonly used.

I'm not sure if I'm using the expressions "form the goodness of your heart" and
"out of the goodness of your heart" correctly in the following sentences. In
other words, do the following sentences make sense and are they grammatically
correct?

*** "From" and "out of" are synonyms.  They mean exactly the same thing, Glen.  The "goodness of his heart" can also be called "his generosity."  The man you are describing is a very good man, particularly when he offers assistance that is truly "heart-felt."

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt