General Writing and Grammar Help/usage of the expression 'pet peeve"

Question
Dear Ted,
I'm not sure if I'm using the expression "pet peeve" correctly in the following sentence. In other words, does the following sentence make sense and is it grammticlly correct?
"My pet peeve is liars."

Answer
Dear Glen:

"My pet peeve is liars."

*** Glen you "could" use the expression in this manner, but I advise against it.

A "peeve" is a little thing that annoys you. I believe that people who lie are far more serious than a "peeve."  

My pet peeve with my neighbor is that she plays loud music too late at night.

John borrowed my book and had the nerve to underline passages in ink!  That is one of my pet peeves.

Here's one of my pet peeves:  Politicians keep saying, "The fact of the matter is________[fill in the blank]________________."  When I hear a politician say those words, I know that I will hear NO FACTS and what he says really does not MATTER."

Forgive me, Glen, but that last one really IS a pet peeve of mine!

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt