General Writing and Grammar Help/The woman got her breasts out

Question
Dear Ted:

Is the following sentence grammatically correct?

Suddenly the woman got her breasts out.

If so, are there other ways to express the above concept?

Also, should I have used a comma after "suddenly"?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Suddenly the woman got her breasts out.

** First, there should be a comma after "suddenly."  The sentence is grammatically correct, but it is certainly startling.  What is the context?  You can say that she "bared her breasts."  You can also say that she "exposed her breasts."

In order to feed her milk to her new baby, the woman bared her breasts in a public place.  Some people thought the act was "natural."  Most people thought that she should have fed the baby in a private place.

A different kind of example:

In New Orleans during Mardi Gras, women pull up their blouses to show their breasts.  People give them colorfully beaded necklaces for doing these acts.  Now, men are pulling down their pants, waving their penises for everyone to see.  The men are also awarded necklaces.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt