General Writing and Grammar Help/Word forms

Question
Hello Roy, I have two questions with regard to certain words and what form they should take for the specific context in which I wish to use them within a short novel I am currently writing.

1.  Is there a way of writing this sentence and using the word unlikelily or attempting to have the word coined as a new word?
-
"There could not be more than ten left in the world, most likely less than five and possibly but [ unlikelily ] only one remains."-

Why isn't 'unlikelily' a word, or 'likelily' for that matter?
I'm no expert on grammar etc but I believe there should be a way of writing the sentence in that form, without editing the syntax of the sentence to something like -
"...and it's possible (but unlikely) that only one remains."

2. "No one spoke when I played the instrument. They held their tongues out of respect.  I did not always understand this. [Prodigial] or [Prodigious] from the earliest age.. Maybe prodigal is more appropriate."

I am wondering how to say that 'I' was prodigious (musically)-like a child prodigy- from an early age, not vast or careless with my wealth.

Thank you very much for your time,
Ross McNiffe

Answer
Hello Ross

1. You would think that logically, the word 'unlikelily' OUGHT to exist - but it doesn't.

And I think trying to will the term into being is unlikely to succeed.

So I think your "it is possible (but unlikely)" is the best solution.

2. Prodigal and prodigious may LOOK very similar - but they mean different things.

PRODIGAL

Adjective
Spending money or resources freely and recklessly; wastefully extravagant.
Noun
A person who spends money in a recklessly extravagant way.

PRODIGIOUS

Adjective

Remarkably or impressively great in extent, size, or degree.
   Unnatural or abnormal.

I would suggest you make it clear that you are speaking of a 'prodigious talent'

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

General Writing and Grammar Help

Roy Johnson