General Writing and Grammar Help/who/whom

QUESTION: I am not sure if I should use who or whom in the following sentence.
"According to the Endocrinologist who/m she visited last week, the patient does not have a thyroid problem."

Thanks for your help, and I will appreciate an explanation to your answer.

ANSWER: It is an incorrect sentence to begin with. Correct sentence structure:

"According to the Endocrinologist who visited last week, the patient does not have a thyroid problem."

QUESTION: It is the patient who visited the endocrinologist. Which one (who/m) would you place in front of 'she'?

It is not really correct with either one in this sentence structure because it is segmented.

You would have to say:

She visited an Endocrinologist last week and was told that she does not have a thyroid problem.

Who= subject (he/she

Whom= object (him/her)

If you insist on your original sentence, you would use "who."

Other links of examples:  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.