General Writing and Grammar Help/Different ways to say "you're on path to reaching your goal"

Question
Dear Ted,
Do all of the following sentences express the same idea and are they all grammatically correct? Also, should I use the word "reach" or "reaching" in the first four sentences, or are both words grammatically correct?
1. You're on path to reaching your goal.
2. You're on the right path to reaching your goal.
3. You're on track to reaching your goal.
4. You're on the right track to reaching your goal.
5. You're moving in the direction you need to reach your goal.
6. You're moving in the right direction to reach your goal.

Answer
Dear Glen:

First, THANK YOU for your comments.  I look forward to receiving your ratings, because you always write an uplifting note of thanks.  Very few people do that.  So, THANK YOU AGAIN!

******

1. You're on [THE] path to reaching your goal.

*** I added "the" before "path," because that is the common usage.  In sentence #3, you do NOT need to use "the" before "track."  English is so strange.  In some cases, common usage determines that the article "the" is used, and in other cases, it is not.

*** All of the sentences are correct.  In the first four sentences, you have used the gerund form of the verb "reach."  The gerund is "reaching," and you have used it correctly in all four sentences.

The last two sentences are different in structure, because you have chosen to use the infinitive form of "reach."  "To reach" is also correct.

It is good to use both gerunds and infinitives in your writing.  It gives your sentences some variety, and we all know that "variety is the spice of life."  [That's an old saying.  Do you know it?]

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt