General Writing and Grammar Help/right/righteously

Question
Hello Ms Deborah

The title of a certain chapter in a book about vegetarianims/veganism is:

Eating Right and Righteously

--- I assume that "eating right" means "eating healthy". However I'm not sure what the author had in mind by writing "righteously"?

What do you think?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Luke,

By using the word "righteously," it seems that the author is trying to convey a sense of conviction.  Not only should one eat in a healthy manner but one should make a point of proclaiming the benefits of healthy eating to anyone who would listen.  The dictionary definition of the word means to actual in an "upright and moral way."

Hope this helps,

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess