General Writing and Grammar Help/Slide aside, slide off

Question
Dear Ted:

Do you "slide aside a piece of clothing" or do you "slide off a piece of clothing"?

If both are possible, do they have the same meaning?

If not, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

For instance, should I say, "She slided her bra ASIDE/She slided ASIDE her bra to show her nipples" or "She slided her bra OFF/She slided off her bra to show her nipples"?

What about "She slided her bra DOWN/She slided DOWN her bra to show her nipples"?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

If not, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

*** There are some problems:  First, I have never heard of anyone "sliding" a piece of clothing. You can say that she PUSHED her bra aside.  

Second, the past tense of "to slide" is "slid."  I slid on the ice.

The children were sliding down the hillside on their sleds.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt