General Writing and Grammar Help/From Thi, Vietnam

Question
I usually don't know how to write the introduction of my writing, i just rewrite the topic, like that:
The topic:
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree and disagree?
My introduction:
It is true that fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. However, I completely disagree with the idea that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet.

Answer
Dear Thi:

I usually don't know how to write the introduction of my writing, i just rewrite
the topic, like that:
The topic:
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food
has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree and disagree?
My introduction:

It is true that fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. However, I
completely disagree with the idea that fast food has negative effects on our
lifestyle and diet.

*** Thi, if this is the introduction to an essay, your paragraph is too brief.

Here are my suggestions:  

First sentence:  That fast food is becoming a part of our daily lives is true.  [I changed the wording, because, in your version the subject of the sentence -- the most important word IN the sentence -- is the very weak indefinite pronoun "it."

For the next two or three sentences, you need to give examples showing just how much a part of our lives the buying and eating of fast food is evident.  Here's a possible sentence:  People of today, unlike earlier generations, are always doing something; they are always "on the go," leaving them little time to have a sit-down, nutritious meal.

Then, Thi, you should give some examples of how people do not set aside enough time for eating good food.   OR . . . You could mention another example or two that would lead you to your last sentence, in which you disagree with the negative aspects.

Finally, you make the transition into your last sentence: However, I completely disagree with the idea that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyles and diets.  [I made the last words plural, because you are talking about many people, and not just one.]

Please send me a longer paragraph with more examples.  I will be happy to give you my assessment of your paragraph.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt