General Writing and Grammar Help/COME together - GET together

Question
Dear Ted:

Would you please explain with some examples when it is appropriate to use "COME together" and when it is correct to use "GET together"?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, is the above question correct and well-formulated?

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** The only difference between the two is that "COME TOGETHER" is used for slightly more "formal" or "planned" occasions.  A "GET TOGETHER" sounds casual.

EXAMPLES:

The chairman announced that the committee would COME TOGETHER for the final vote at a time to be set by rules of the group.

When the bride and the groom CAME TOGETHER at the altar, many people began to cry.

We play to GET TOGETHER at McDonald's after class.  Would you like to join us?

The class WILL BE GETTING TOGETHER for a big party, when the course has ended.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt