General Writing and Grammar Help/Get someone-something going

Question
Dear Ted:

When do you use "to get someone/something going"?

Would you please give me some examples?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, I just sent to your Netscape address an e-mail message in which I ask you a favor. When you have time, would you please take a look at that message? Thank you, Paolo.

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Would you please give me some examples?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

****The general meaning of this phrase is "to stimulate a person or thing into action."
I suppose it is an idiom, but a better description is that it is "jargon" used in certain geographical locations.

EXAMPLES:

Someone needs to light a fire under Jack to get him going.

The only way we are going to get this movement going is by starting it ourselves.

I need a strong cup of coffee each morning to get me going.

Paolo

*** I got your e-mail and will answer it next.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt