General Writing and Grammar Help/demanding "of /with" someone

Question
Dear Ted,
I'm not sure if you say "demanding of someone" or "demanding with someone", or if both ways are grammatically correct. In other words, do all of the following sentences make sense and are they all grammaticaly correct?
1. He is demanding of his students.
2. He is demanding with his students.
3. She is demanding of her husband.
4. She is demanding with her husband.

Answer
Dear Glen:

I'm not sure if you say "demanding of someone" or "demanding with someone", or
if both ways are grammatically correct. In other words, do all of the following
sentences make sense and are they all grammaticaly correct?
1. He is demanding of his students.
2. He is demanding with his students.
3. She is demanding of her husband.
4. She is demanding with her husband.

*** "Demanding OF" is the accepted phrase.  I could find no reference to "demanding WITH" in any of my grammar books.

I then tried Google to search for both phrases, and "demanding OF" had a huge number of instances, and "demanding WITH" had few.

The one valid example I found was this one:  I am very demanding WITH myself.  That sentence means that I have high standards set for myself, so the sentence seems logical.  Frankly, I think that "I am very demanding OF myself" says the same thing.

The grammar judge has ruled!  The verdict is "use OF," not "WITH."

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt