General Writing and Grammar Help/i need help

Question
dear Martha,

I am translating an interview of Zadie Smith into Persian but I have a problem.

Can you simplify this paragraph:
This is Zadie Smith, our international literary darling, her slipperiness of location fitting since her work seems to mostly revolve around people pushing back against stereotype, expectation, reduction, even if she’s clearly a Brit at heart. Her professorship at New York University makes her an honorary New Yorker, at least, and to the delight of anyone who read her profile of Jay-Z in The New York Times, she’s turned her famous mirror on this country in the same way she has her own.

Answer
This is Zadie Smith, our international literary darling. Her slipperiness of location is fitting since her work seems to mostly revolve around people pushing back mostly , expectation, reduction[, rather than _________].  Even if she’s clearly a Brit at heart, her professorship at New York University makes her an honorary New Yorker.  To the delight of anyone who read her profile of Jay-Z in The New York Times, she’s turned her famous mirror on this country in the same way she has [on] her own.

Note that the newspaper name must be set in italics.
The addition of =on= helps clarify this long sentence.
I think clarity will be enhanced if there is some idea that contrasts =expectation=... with something about location.

~~

This is just one solution to the problem and the most direct.

~~

her work seems to mostly revolve around people pushing back against stereotype, expectation, reduction

This is unclear to me.  What do you mean by =reduction=?  Do you mean =deduction=?  In any event, I'd leave out =reduction= and stick with only the other two words.

Also, you have a split infinitive; use:
seems to revolve mostly
OR (I think this one is better)
mostly seems to revolve

mb

General Writing and Grammar Help

Martha Beth Lewis