General Writing and Grammar Help/Re: memo

Hi Ted, I lifted out the word "the." That's the memo.

Dear James:

*** You mean you LEFT out the word "the."  You must be referring to your message as "the memo."

I don't recall your ever having used the word "memo" to refer to a sermon.  It's like you are writing a memo to yourself, I guess.

Thank you for the clarification.

P.  S. I hope your back is mending well and that whatever the doctor removed, stays removed!

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy