General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: over the last year

Question
Dear Ted:

In your answer to my question titled "over the last year," you wrote the following:

PRESENT PERFECT --

Over the last year, Janet has been developing into an excellent pianist.

Over the last year, John began experiencing the early signs of puberty.

My question is this:

For sentence #2, did you mean to write, "Over the last year, John HAS began experiencing the early signs of puberty.?

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, is it correct to use "titled" in "In your answer to my question TITLED....." OR should I have written, "In your answer to my question ENTITLED....."? BTW, is it "In your answer to....." OR "In answer to....."?

Answer
Dear Paolo:

My question is this:

*** You caught me sleeping!  I should have written this:  Over the last year, John HAS BEGUN experiencing the early signs of puberty.  [The signs started in the past year, but they are still making their appearance at the time of speaking . . . which John is doing in a deeper voice, resulting from puberty's arrival.]

Paolo

*** Paolo, you have options here.  I would use the word "titled," rather than "entitled."  You have written it correctly.  I also prefer "In your answer to . . . ."  However, "In answer to . . . works just as well."  Adding "your" personalizes what you write.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt