General Writing and Grammar Help/Resignation letter

Question
Dear Ted:

I have to write a resignation letter for a friend working for a British company. At the end of the letter, he wants to write that he hopes, in the future, to have the opportunity to work for that company again.

What would you write? Would you please give me a couple of examples?

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** Why doesn't he write his own letter?

Here's one possible ending to the letter:

I am very grateful for the opportunity I have had to work at the XXXXX Company.  After I have completed my education [OR whatever he will be doing once he leaves], I hope that there is a possibility that I may again work for you.

*** The important thing, if he really wants to come back to this company, is to state a solid
reason WHY he is leaving in the first place.  He may be continuing his education OR there may be a family concern [an illness, perhaps] to which he must tend.  At any rate, the closing of his resignation letter should "hint" at leaving the door of re-employment open.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt