General Writing and Grammar Help/Send to - send ON to

Question
Dear Ted:

Is there any difference between "to send something to someone" and "to send something ON to someone"?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

For instance, should I say/write, "When I get the package, I will send it ON to you" or simply "When I get the package, I will send it to you"?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Is there any difference between "to send something to someone" and "to send
something ON to someone"?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

For instance, should I say/write, "When I get the package, I will send it ON to
you" or simply "When I get the package, I will send it to you"?

**** Your example is correct.  If you send something ON to someone else, there are three parties involved:  the original sender, me [as the intermediate person], and you [as the ultimate receiver].

"To send something TO someone" involves just you and me.

EXAMPLES:

I have a photograph that I will SEND TO you.

My mother has a photograph that she is going to SEND TO me.  I intend TO SEND IT ON to you.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt