General Writing and Grammar Help/Usage of the word "horseplay"

Question
Dear Ted,
Can the word "horseplay" be a verb? In other words, does the following sentence make sense and is it grammatically correct? Also, is the word "horseplay" a verb in the following sentence?
"Children like to horseplay.

Answer
Dear Glen:

"Children like to horseplay.

I have never heard of or seen "horseplay" as a verb.  My dictionaries list it ONLY as a noun.

I would parse the sentence this way:

Children = subject
like = verb
to horseplay = adverbial prepositional phrase, describing what the children LIKE

Another form of "horseplay" is "horseplaying." [It is often hyphenated or written as two words.]

Children = subject
like = verb
horseplaying = noun, used as the direct object of like.

Ted

NOTE:  Glen, this word is a slang word.  Not all the rules of the English language apply to slang.  "Stop horseplaying!"  [Some grammarians would not even count that last example as a full sentence.  They would call it a "non-grammatical demand."]  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt