General Writing and Grammar Help/It's worth it, he's worth it, she's worth it

Question
Dear Ted:

What do "It's worth it" and "She or He worth it" mean?

Would you please give me some examples of how to use the above expressions?

BTW, is it correct to call them "expressions"?

Thank you very much for the help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** Yes, they are idiomatic expressions.  They mean that a person or a thing is of some value and is, therefore, important.

EXAMPLES:

He bought his wife a very expensive diamond ring, because he thought she was worth it.

I contributed some money to the congressman's campaign, because I think he is worth it.

Although they had to pay extra for first-class accommodations, they did not regret doing so, because the luxury was well worth it.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt