General Writing and Grammar Help/adjectives order

thank a lot for your answer.but when I read the book "a practical English grammar" written by Micheal Swan the adj of age comes before adj of shape. there is one example like this: a little morden square brick house. is it correct?

Hi again!

There isn't total agreement on this, but from what I've researched it seems that age generally comes before shape.  However, this is not a hard-and-fast rule.  It seems, however, that the technically correct rule is age before shape.

I found a very good discussion here, if you'd like more information on the problem of descriptive grammar:

Hope that helps!

General Writing and Grammar Help

Anything to do with word usage and/or grammar, plus the fundamentals on almost any type of writing (especially creative writing, such as poetry, short stories, movie/dramatic scripts, etc.)

Majored in English literature in college; have published short stories and poems, currently teaching English as a second language to foreigners

As mentioned above, a bachelor's in English Literature and also a CELTA certification which enables me to teach English as a second language to foreigners.

Editor's Choice for a national poetry contest. 2nd prize for a short story in a city-wide short story contest.