General Writing and Grammar Help/help needed with sentence.

Question
QUESTION: Hello. i need help with grammer wording. Please note iam not asking for any iphone advise, just asking for wording help sentences.

i bought iphone 4s 32gb on contract back in october 2011. i have now upgraded to the newer iphone 5s from next week. i am now selling the iphone. i wanted to ask you a few questions about my iphone advert on ebay.

basically i want reassure the buyer that iphone is not stolen or it wont get blocked. i have the original selling invoice from Verizon which i could show to a buyer when viewing the iphone.

how can re-word the above in the advert? any thoughts please?

thanks,

ANSWER: HI - and thanks for the question

The best way to create good adverts is this:

Have a look at other adverts for iPhones on eBay

then use the one which seems to you most professional and persuasive as a model

When you've done that, and tailored the advert to your own phone and circumstances

post it as a new question here

and I will edit the ad for you

hope that helps

best wishes

QUESTION: Hello - many thanks for the reply. Below is the advert which I have copied from eBay. Please see belw and edit it for me. Thank you.

I'm looking to sell my iPhone 4S 16GB Black Unlocked. This iPhone has been used. The iPhone has no scratches or blemishes on the screen. iPhone is fully operational and functions as intended. It works well. I've had the iPhone since October 2011. I've removed all content and settings. I am including all accessories and still in original packaging.

You will get: iPhone 4S 16GB Black Unlocked, USB Data Cable, USB Wall Charger, Documentation, Original iPhone 4 Bumper in Black, Leather Case in White, Hard Case in Black and White and Hard Case in Brown. Please see attached photos.

No swaps or trades! Pick up only. iPhone is located in New York City. You can contact me to arrange viewing and to pay for the iPhone in cash. Kindly note: The iPhone is available ONLY to people in the UK. International calls, emails and text messages will be ignored. Blocked, unknown, private or withheld numbers are not answered.

Is this any good? How would present this advert on eBay?

Please advise.
Thank you

ANSWER: Here's my version with a few small changes:

If the phone is in NYC - why is it only available to people in UK !? Surely you mean USA?

I'm looking to sell my iPhone 4S 16GB Black Unlocked. This iPhone has no scratches or blemishes on the screen. It is fully operational and functions as intended. I've had the iPhone since October 2011. I've removed all content and settings. I am including all accessories and it's still in its original packaging.

You will get: iPhone 4S 16GB Black Unlocked, USB Data Cable, USB Wall Charger, Documentation, Original iPhone 4 Bumper in Black, Leather Case in White, Hard Case in Black and White, and Hard Case in Brown. Please see attached photos.

No swaps or trades! Pick up only. iPhone is located in New York City. You can contact me to arrange viewing and to pay for the iPhone in cash. Kindly note: The iPhone is available ONLY to people in the UK. International calls, emails and text messages will be ignored. Blocked, unknown, private or withheld numbers will not be answered.

QUESTION: Hello again. Many thanks for the reply. Thanks again.

I just wanted let you know that I've found the original selling recipt/invoice showing the date of sale, time and the IMEI of the iPhone. The iphone was on a two year contract. contracted ended on 03 september. the network unlocked the iphone for me a good will gesture for being a long term customer.

How can word this in my advert that i have the receipt that goes with the iphone. This can assure the customer that receipt goes with the iphone.

how can i re-word this? please help.

thank you.

Answer
1. List the original receipt or invoice amongst the items the buyer will receive.

2. Add this sentence to your advert: it shows that you are legitimate.

The iphone was on a two year contract. contracted ended on 03 september. the network unlocked the iphone for me a good will gesture for being a long term customer.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Roy Johnson