General Writing and Grammar Help/Re: Reverend Billy Graham

Question
Ted, I use to be a follower of Reverend Billy Graham until his age became a factor. He is not in the spot light very much anymore. I do miss his teaching. He is a great man of God. His work speaks for him.

I appreciate you mentioned Reverend Billy Graham and Dr. Martin Luther King,Jr. in the same sentence.

Answer
Dear James:

Ted, I use to be a follower of Reverend Billy Graham until his age became a
factor. He is not in the spot light very much anymore. I do miss his teaching.
He is a great man of God. His work speaks for him.

I appreciate you mentioned Reverend Billy Graham and Dr. Martin Luther King,Jr.
in the same sentence.

*** I do not feel there is any evangelist in today's world that can match the impact of
Rev. Billy Graham.  He is very frail and probably will not be with us much longer.

Like Billy Graham, Dr. King was unlike any other civil rights leader in the past or the present.  Years ago, when I was the guest organist [for the summer] at the Bright Hope
Baptist Church in Philadelphia, I had the opportunity to spend a very hours with Dr. King. He was as passionate in a small group -- there were about five of us -- as he was in the pulpit of the church.  

I have the feeling, and I wish I were wrong, that the "messengers" of today do not carry the message like Graham and King.  Too many of today's representatives of Christ tend to represent themselves.  That's not what Christ did, and today's ministers should be following in His tradition and NOT going out on self-righteous TV appearances on their own.

That's must my opinion.  And, like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt