General Writing and Grammar Help/should "that" be in the sentence

Which sentence is correct?
I look forward to working together again and helping in any way I can.
I look forward to working together again and helping in any way that I can.

With or without "that"

Hello Diane,

Both are correct.  Here is a link to a reference that goes into more detail.  'Basically, if it sounds okay to leave it out, it is probably fine to do so unless 'that' is the subject of the clause.

Take care,

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess

Essays--I can assist students with questions concerning the process of writing an essay including preparation of an outline, development of a topic, development of the thesis statement and topic sentences, and paragraph development. I can assist students in helping them determine the proper rhetorical modes for their essay (narration, illustration, description, process analysis, comparison and contrast, and argumentation. I am able to answer questions concerning rules of style for a research paper including referencing sources. I am able to address questions regarding punctuation and grammar.

I teach a writing workshop for the University of Phoenix (Richmond Campus) and two college courses: Essentials of College Writing and Elements of Composition.

Doctor of Management--University of Phoenix Masters in Human Resources--George Washington University B.A.--French and Linguistics, Oakland University