General Writing and Grammar Help/Get stuck in (UK)

Dear Ted:

I have just discovered that "get stuck in" meaning "to start doing something enthusiastically" is something that people in the UK say.

Here is the link:

Dear Paolo:

Thank you.  I have learned something new.  I have never heard this express before your message.  We DO say "get caught up" in something.

EXAMPLE:  I was so caught up in watching TV, I did not notice that there was a fire in my kitchen.

On game day, all the students get caught up in the festivities.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy