General Writing and Grammar Help/geography

Hi again

What is best, Fennoscandian and Fennoscandia or Fenno-Scandian and Fenno-Scandia?

Dear Veronika:

It is good to hear from you.  

According to my dictionaries -- and I use the most reliable ones -- the word is NEVER hyphenated.  "Fennoscandia" is the noun form, and "Fennoscandian" is the adjective form.

Here is the entry from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Veronika, it is very cold here in the state of Ohio, USA.  It is probably colder here than in all of Fennoscandia!  When will spring come?

Best wishes to you.

Ted Nesbitt

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy