General Writing and Grammar Help/Leave me breathless - out of breath

Question
Dear Ted:

Is the following sentence correct and natural?

Running on the treadmill for more than 30 minutes consecutively leaves me breathless - out of breath.

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Running on the treadmill for more than 30 minutes consecutively leaves me
breathless - out of breath.

*** It is correct, but it is not "natural."  People will question why you used the
adverb "consecutively."  Some people might think you mean "consequently," that, as a consequence of your running for more than 30 minutes, you are now out of breath.

I suggest you use the phrase "without stopping" instead of "consequently."

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt