General Writing and Grammar Help/Re: Leave me breathless - out of breath

Question
Dear Ted:

What about "Running on the treadmill for more than 30 CONSECUTIVE minutes leaves me breathless - out of breath"?

By the way, should I use "breathless" or "out of breath" in the above sentence?

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

What about "Running on the treadmill for more than 30 CONSECUTIVE minutes leaves
me breathless - out of breath"?

*** YES!  And, either the single word or the prepositional phrase is fitting.  The popular theory in both writing and rhetoric is "Why use multiple words when ONE will suffice?"  I would choose "breathless."

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt