General Writing and Grammar Help/Get back TO work - get back INTO work

Question
Dear Ted:

Would you please explain the difference between "to get back TO work" and "to get back INTO work" with some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, how is your sight?

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Would you please explain the difference between "to get back TO work" and "to
get back INTO work" with some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

TO GET BACK TO WORK -- means that you have been absent from your job for some reason.  Maybe your were sick or on vacation.  After your break FROM work, you go back TO your job.

Mary took three months of maternity leave from her employment.  Now that the three months have ended, she intends to go back TO work this week.

Because of the ice and snow, I had to miss three days of work.  I am eager to got back TO work, now that the roads are clear to travel.

TO GET BACK INTO WORK -- means that for some reason your work schedule was interrupted, usually NOT because of external factors.  YOU had some kind of problem.

After her mother's death, Jane could not get over her feeling of depression.  Her sad mood kept her from getting BACK into her work.

The summer vacation is over, and many students are looking forward to getting back INTO their school studies.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, how is your sight?

*** Better.  I have another checkup in two weeks.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt