General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: I would like to draw your attention......

Question
Dear Ted:

Would you please give me some examples of how to use "I would like to draw your attention to the point that....." correctly?

Also, would you please give me some alternatives to "I would like to draw your attention to the fact that....." and "I would like to draw your attention to the point that....."?

As always, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

PLEASE NOTE:  I decided that, after 15 years of service and more than 15,000 questions answered, it was time to take a break from Allexperts.  My eye doctor has advised me against spending too much time on the computer.  I discovered recently that most days I have been working on Allexperts' questions for at least 4 hours.

There are a few of my "regular" questioners with whom I would like to stay in contact.  You are one of them.  You are also courteous, ask interesting questions, and are generous in your responses.  

SO . . . please feel free to (1) try other experts OR (2) send your questions to my e-mail account.  I will answer questions as soon as I can.

My personal e-mail address is tedjnesbitt@netscape.net

Thank you.

Ted

*****************************************************************

I would like to draw your attention to the points that Immanuel Kant made in his "categorical imperative."

I would like to draw your attention to the point on the chart where the two lines meet.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact/point that the ebola virus cannot possibly be restrained to West Africa.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact/point that more Italians live in New York City than in any Italian city, with the exception of Rome.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt