General Writing and Grammar Help/sentence structure

Question
Is the following sentence structured properly?  Something seems off.

I bravely stepped over the piles of hair and out of the tub and then walked over to the mirror.

Is this better?
I bravely stepped over the piles of hair, jumped out of the tub, and then walked over to the mirror.
Thanks

Answer
Hi Patty,

I do not think it's a matter of grammar but playing around with the sentence so the context makes sense.  The "piles of hair" doesn't make sense to me because I just cannot visualize what that would look like.

However....
I bravely stepped over the piles of hair while exiting the tub and then walked to the mirror.

Does this convey what you mean?

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess