General Writing and Grammar Help/sentence structure

Question
QUESTION: What's the best way to capture someone waiting endlessly.  Is the following acceptable?

Then, I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  

OR  Then, I waited, and waited, and waited.

OR  Then, I waited, and waited, and waited.....

(I know "and" does not begin a sentence, but I don't think 'and" alone is a sentence.)
Thanks

ANSWER: I answered this question; their computer says I didn't.  So, I'm sending you this note to satisfy their computer!  mb

QUESTION: Hi Martha,
This one I had not heard from you.....hmmmmmm.  It's probably my at&t email.  It got messed up when their email service was bought by another company. So, if you have time, please let me know your thoughts.  I know you said "And" is not a good way to begin a sentence, but in this situation it might be okay. (1st example) Thanks!

Answer
Sometimes (often) they don't let me know there's a letter waiting....until I get a "hie thee to the website or thou art in big trouble."  Aggravating!  Argh.....

Let me check the "answers sent" file and get back to you.  I know I answered this.............

Well, I know I answered it, but the system appears to have eaten it.

~~

I like the first one, using the periods.  A period indicates a "stop" and using them here reinforces the waiting.
mb

General Writing and Grammar Help

Martha Beth Lewis