General Writing and Grammar Help/use of "whom"

"Dear Ted,

Would you please help me with the following sentence:
“Whom are you having lunch with?”

Is this a correct sentence?  Is it acceptable to separate the object “whom” from the preposition “with”?  

For some reason,  I keep thinking that this sentence is incorrect, but I cannot figure out why it would be.

Thank you so much.  

Very Sincerely,

Dear Rich:

This question also appears to be a repeat.

The correct wording is this:  With whom are you having lunch?

Read the information on this page and then take the test!

When you receive this message, please rate it as usual.  Right now, it is sitting in my Allexperts inbox as "pending question."

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy