General Writing and Grammar Help/use of "whom"

"Dear Ted,

Would you please also help with me with the use of “whom” in the following sentence:
“Whom did you consult?”

Is this a correct sentence? Can you please explain how “whom” is being used in this sentence?

Thank you so much.  I very much appreciate your help.

Very Sincerely,

Dear Rich:

UPDATE -- Rich, please rate the other two answers so that they will  be removed from my inbox.

Thank you.

Maybe I'm seeing things or imagining messages, but I believe that I answered this message and another one you sent recently.

"Whom" is the direct object of "did consult."

When you receive this message, please rate it as usual.  Right now, it is sitting in my Allexperts inbox as "pending question."

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy