General Writing and Grammar Help/use of whom

Question
Dear Ted,

Can you please tell me if the following sentences are equally correct in terms of grammar (not in terms of style):

With whom have you consulted?

Whom have you consulted?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich:

With whom have you consulted?

Whom have you consulted?

CORRECT -- in both grammar AND style.  The only difference is that some people prefer using the preposition "with."    [Some people like direct objects and some people like objects of prepositions.  We have different tastes.]

Rich, I believe you have mastered the difference between WHO and WHOM.  It's interesting, because I just answered another WHO/WHOM question from a lady who is just starting to understand the difference!

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt