General Writing and Grammar Help/Is the writing right?

Question
Dear Ted,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply last time!

I read of a book whose title is A History of Taiwan for Young People:Written for a New Generation and for Countrymen Young at Heart.

I think it is better to write:A History of Taiwan for Young New Generation.

What's your opinion?

Best Wishes,

Walden

Answer
Dear Walden:

*** Very good, Walden.  You have taken the essential elements of the original title -- which was very long -- and rewritten them into a concise title.  If you would like to make your revision even more concise, you do not need both the words "young" and "new."  We think of a "new generation" as being younger than the current generation:  A History of Taiwan for a New Generation.  [You can also write "THE New Generation."

Your revision is excellent.

Ted  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt