General Writing and Grammar Help/idioms or collocation?

Question
hi!
In your opinion, what do you think would be more beneficial to teach international academic students, idioms or collocation? and why do you think that is?

Answer
Hi Amirah, sorry for the delay.

In my opinion I think that collocation would be more useful. There are certain phrases within English that are fairly universal for collocation; big money, strong tea, etc. Those collocation phrases are well understood throughout the United States. Idiomatic expressions, on the other hand, are often only useful in certain regions of the country. So, unless one was sure which part of the country they were communicating with, they might learn idiomatic expressions that the people around them don't know.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathan  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn