General Writing and Grammar Help/Last two sentences for email

Question
Hi SKUMAR,

I need some help in rewording the last two sentence to one of my email.
Here is my email.

""Dear Ella,

I understand that our term test is coming up at the end of this month and I am really concerned about it. I am having a lot of difficulty understanding the text for Plato and Aristotle, as I am a science student and I am unaccustomed to the ways of thinking in this course. In order to understand , I am using online resources like sparknotes, but I don't think these are the best resources. Because of my challenges, I am planning to change this course to a CR/NCR status eventually, as dropping the course is not an option due to the tight schedule that I have with other courses for this academic year.

Please know that I do enjoy the content of this course as it is a breather from my science courses, but I have a hard time understanding it completely. Not only that, but I haven't  written a compare/contrast analysis paper like the one our term test is going to cover since secondary school, and I would really need some help with the concept of university writing in general. I am really looking forward to doing well in this course, but at the moment I don't quite know how to approach the course and I am afraid I might not even pass.

Would it be possible for you to provide me with some online resources (i.e webpages, videos, interactive websites) that could dumbdown the material for me?

Furthermore, would it be possible for us to meet this coming monday and discuss the options I have to approach this course?

Thank you in advance,

Sam,""
The last two sentences that I need some help on is:

"""""Would it be possible for you to provide me with some online resources (i.e webpages, videos, interactive websites) that could dumbdown the material for me?

Furthermore, would it be possible for us to meet this coming monday and discuss the options I have to approach this course?"""""""""

Thank you very much for all your help, SKUMAR.

Sam

Answer
I would prefer to OMIT the word DUMB DOWN because its meaning and implication is given below - from an online dictionary:
The term "dumb-down" was coined by Ken E Smith of Colorado according to the Oxford English Dictionary, which has the official definition of the term as used by Mr. Smith. Dumbing down is viewed either as a pejorative term for a perceived over-simplification of, amongst other things, education, news and television, or as a statement of truth about real cultural trends in education and culture.

The concept "dumbing down" can point to a variety of different things but the concept always involves a claim about the simplification of culture, education, and thought, a decline in creativity and innovation, a degradation of artistic, cultural, and intellectual standards, or the undermining of the very idea of a standard, and the trivialisation of cultural, artistic, and academic creations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I would advise you to replace the word with another one. Otherwise the sentence is okay.

Re the other sentence, I may rewrite it thus:

Would it be possible to meet me this Monday so that we may discuss the options open to me for a better approach to the course?

Note that I have capitalized the word Monday.  

General Writing and Grammar Help

SKUMAR IYER