General Writing and Grammar Help/is it correct?

Is the following sentence grammatically correct?

"There were two ladies in our class and paul was a good friend of the ladies'."

Thank you

ANSWER: There were two ladies in our class and paul was a good friend of the ladies  

The sentence is correct, except that Paul   needs to be capitalized - but I assume that it was an accidental typing error.

However, instead of repeating the term "the ladies", I would prefer :

There were two ladies in our class and Paul was their good friend.  
Or: There were two ladies in our class and Paul was a good friend of theirs.  

QUESTION: Thank you. Is the use of "apostrophe" wrong in my sentence?

There is no need for an apostrophe.

India's flag = flag of India (not India's)
Chidren's toys = toys of the (or belonging to the) children (not children's)
faces of the boys (not faces of the boys') = the boys' faces
friend of the ladies = the ladies' friend.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Those related to general and creative writings, usage, grammar, sentence construct, conversational English, etc. We also advise on ways to improve language skills, creative write-ups, grammar, phonetics, accent, spoken English, interview handling tips, group discussion, debating, public speaking, etc.

I have been the co-ordinator of Easy Elite English, which delas in training youth in English Speaking and Communication Skills, Writing, Public Speaking, Debating, etc. I develop teaching materials, both audio-visuals as well as text, and also am the head of faculty training.

LEWWWP, Integrated Youth Education Resource, EEE, EFL, TCW, TEL.

I have several blogs and e-publications. Published poems and short stories in national dailies, international magazines and e-zines. Author of ICSE Computer Applications - school textbook for Class X students.

After my graduation, did special research online on teaching English [spelling, pronunciation, sentence construct, etc] to elementary children. Now I have the qualification to conduct online classes. Member of several global English Learning and Teaching Centers as well as Honorary teacher at LEWWWP.

Regarded as the most helpful voluntary teacher in several sites. Got the best Faculty Trainers Award from EEE.

Now I am self-employed, other than working as a Content developer and faculty Training and Placement Head for EEE and Integrated Youth education Resource. A voluntary teacher at Learning English With World Wide Perspective.