General Writing and Grammar Help/feels like - feels as if/though

Question
Dear Ted:

Should I use "feels like" or "feels as if/as though" in the sentence below?

Social media is so much part of our lives now that it feels like / it feels as if (it feels as though) we’ve been doing it forever.

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** Use "as if" or "as though," because the words that follow [we've been doing it forever] are an independent clause.

There is a helpful chart at this site:

http://www.tolearnenglish.com/exercises/exercise-english-2/exercise-english-7911

After reading it, take the simple test at the bottom and see how well you understand the usage.

Paolo, there are also many OTHER good explanation at this site.  Bookmark it for future reference and for TESTING yourself on grammatical problems.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt