General Writing and Grammar Help/More than you can handle

Question
Dear Ted:

Would you please give me some examples in which it is appropriate to use the idiomatic expression "More than you can handle"?

By the way, is it correct to call it an idiomatic expression?

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** I soon learned that studying Greek was more than I could handle.  I dropped the course and took French instead.

Mary wanted to have a large family, with twelve children.  After she gave birth to her sixth child, she realized that she already had more than she could handle.

"More than you can handle" is a rather casual way of saying that a task is too difficult for you.

*** YES

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt